City of St. Paul Park 

on the Mississippi

Applying for a Variance

A request for a variance is needed when you are unable to meet the required guidelines established in Chapter 74--Zoning.  Some examples may be setbacks or size requirements for construction of a proposed building. 

If you are unable to comply with an ordinance, you can petition the City of St. Paul Park for a variance.  If you're interested in a variance, these exceptions are not routinely granted and may entail expensive processing fees, so make sure you need a variance before you request one. 

For your convenience listed below is a brief summary of the variance process.

Attached Document or FileLand Use Application application can be found under FORMS
Attached Document or FileSummary Sheet-Variance Summary Sheet can be found under FORMS
City of St. Paul Park, 600 Portland Avenue, St. Paul Park MN 55071