City of St. Paul Park 

on the Mississippi

Funds available from Washington County for sealing abandoned wells

Abandoned, unsealed wells are a potential conduit for contamination of our groundwater, which provides 100% of the drinking water for St. Pal Park residents and all residents in Washington County.  Washington County Department of Public Health and Environment has funds available for residents to seal abandoned wells.  The County will cover 100% of the costs (up to $2,000) to seal an abandoned well, for wells within Drinking Water Supply Management Areas (DWSMAs) or known areas of contamination. 

If you are interested in receiving financial assistance to seal a well, please contact Washington County at (651) 430-6655, or visit the website at  You must submit an application and be approved for the program before sealing your well.  Funding may not be applied to retroactively to wells that have already been sealed. 
City of St. Paul Park, 600 Portland Avenue, St. Paul Park MN 55071