City of St. Paul Park 

on the Mississippi

Water : Drinking Water and Household Hazardous Waste

Drinking water and household hazardous waste--Things you should know.

The City is working together with its Wellhead Protection Committee and local, state and federal agencies to protect areas drinking water sources through the implementation of its Wellhead Protection Plan.  There are many are many products that homeowners use on their properties for activities such as cleaning or maintaining equipment. When used, stored and dispose of according to manufacturer's instructions on the labels, these products can be useful tools around the home.  There are times, however, when these products are not used, stored or disposed of when they may become a significant source of ground water contamination that may lead to a drinking water source that is either unusable or requires extensive treatment.  Drinking water that has become contaminated with chemicals found in hazardous household products can create adverse health effects.  You, as a land owner, can take preventative steps to protect drinking water by using, storing, and disposing of household products as listed on the product label.   

For more information contact the Washington County Environmental Center located at 4039 Cottage Grove Drive, Woodbury MN 55129 or by phone at (651) 275-7475.  The Washington County Environmental Center provides residents with a free and convenient disposal of household hazardous waste, electronics and recyclables.  Proof of residency such as a driver's license, is required.

City of St. Paul Park, 600 Portland Avenue, St. Paul Park MN 55071