City of St. Paul Park 

on the Mississippi

Showing Proof of Residence

To register on Election Day, you will need to provide proof of residence.

Do you have a valid Minnesota driver's license, learner's permit, MN ID, Tribal ID or receipt  for any of these with your current name and address? 

Yes.  Bring this ID with you.
No.  Go to Option 1, 2 or 3.

Option 1--Photo ID plus Document with Current Name and Address

Acceptable Photo ID with voter's name (can be expired)

    • Driver's license, State Id Card or learner's permit issued by any state
    • US passport
    • US military ID card
    • Tribal ID card with the name, signature and photo of the voter
    • Minnesota university, college or technical college ID card
    • Minnesota high school ID card

Acceptable Utility Bill (can be shown electronically on a device)

    • Residential lease or rental agreement (must be valid through Election Day)
    • Current student fee statement
    • Bill, account or start of service statement due or dated within 30 days of election for:
      • Phone (landline, cell, VOIP, etc)
      • TV (cable, satellite, etc)
      • Internet services
      • Solid waste or sewer services
      • Electric, gas or water
      • Banking or credit card
      • Rent or mortgage payments

Option 2--Registered Voter Who Can Confirm Your Name and Address

    • Bring with you a person registered in the precinct who can verify your address under oath. 

A voter who is vouched for cannot vouch for another voter at this election.  

Option 3--Other options

  • Late notice (pre-registration) sent from the County
  • Prior registration in the same precinct--voter's former address listed in the polling place roster.
  • Current students--student ID or dated registration or fee statement with valid address in precinct.
  • Staff person of a residential facility--A facility staff person can go with you to the polling place to confirm your address.


City of St. Paul Park, 600 Portland Avenue, St. Paul Park MN 55071